Vanderbilt University Medical Center Department of Nursing Education and Professional Development, the Vanderbilt University Institute for Global Health, and the Vanderbilt School of Nursing present
Nursing Leadership in Global Health
Developing Pathways for Effective Advocacy and Action
February 27-28, 2014 • Nashville, Tennessee
For more information, contact Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to NLGH 2014
The Nursing Leadership in Global Health Symposium will empower nurses and other health care providers to serve as leaders and agents of change to improve health in the global community. International experts will share their experiences and vision for expanding the role of nursing in shaping the policies and programs that impact the world’s most vulnerable populations.
Who should attend?
Those in attendance will represent nurses and other health care workers who cross generations, borders and widely divergent levels of expertise. Among them:
- Persons who have extensive experience and knowledge of global settings
- Persons working in the developing world struggling to elevate their education and skills to better care for patients
- Persons who want to be involved in global health but have not yet had the opportunity or information to do so
The Symposium objectives are:
- Discuss complex and competing forces that influence health of individuals and populations around the world
- Identify challenges, barriers and solutions to increasing nurse leadership and local workforce capacity
- Describe essential components for successful collaboration with traditional and non-traditional partners to impact policy
- Cite pathways to effective advocacy and activism in improving health of patients and populations within their communities
Keep these dates in mind:
October 13 - Deadline for Sigma Theta Tau Poster Session Abstract Submission
October 31 - Early Registration ends
December 30 – Regular Registration ends
January 27 – Last day to receive discounted hotel room rates
Let Us Hear from You
We want to know which issues in global health nursing are most relevant to you. What questions do you have surrounding this topic? What aspects are most relevant to your work? Email nlgh2014@vanderbilt , subject line Topics for Discussion and let us know.
Accreditation Statement: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Department of Nursing Education and Professional Development is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Tennessee Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.